70-72 GP Door handle

Put your thinkin caps on kiddies as we step back into the way back machine again.......
Did any other GM car have the door handle design as the 70-72 Grand
Prix?
Sorry, no photo to show you, but the door handle had a rectangular button with ridges that stuck out of the door, actually it was part of the door handle, which was recessed into the assembly. When you would push on the button with your thumb the handle would swing out just enough so you could curl your 4 fingers around the handle, then pull outward on the handle to open the door.
Was it a good design or a bad design? I think it was only used from 1970 to 72.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~274,504 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Used on '69-'72 GP.
Poor only in that the buttons tended to break off -
Not used likely because it was cheaper and easier to just use the same handle as all the other GM's - they are somewhat prone to freezing, also.
Bill K.

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net says...

My brother's '69 Grand Prix SJ also has that style door handle.

Its a "cool" design. I would suspect that GM's bean counters got a hold of it after a while.
Dennis Smith