72 Nova molding removal

Hi I am trying to remove the windshield, rear window and door window moldings off for restoration and I can not figure out ho wto get them off. Please help. I know that there is a tool for it but I don?t know whiich one or how to use it. Any help would be great.

Reply to
kwheels72

It's a cheap thing with sort of a flat V on the bottom. You slide the V under the clips and release the trim. Its just one of those things you have to do once, then its easy. Take a flat screwdriver, lift the molding till you find a clip, you will see how it works. You might have to go to an auto body store to get the tool, they havent used the clips like that on cars for years.

Reply to
Scott

You need a trim tool like the one on the left in this set.

Save some aggravation and buy the set if youplan on restoring a complete vehicle. You will need the middle one forthe window cranks and the one on the right to pull the tree clips thatsecure the door panels and interior trim panels. One BIG word of adviceon the window trim. BE VERY CAREFUL when you use that tool, if you catchthe edge of the glass with it and chip it you will end up replacing theglass. I usually tell folks to make up a THIN plastic shim that they canslide under the trim before using the tool. Saves the glass from anoops.

Reply to
Steve W.