72 Nova molding removal

Hi I am trying to remove the windshield, rear window and door window moldings off for restoration and I can not figure out ho wto get them off. Please help. I know that there is a tool for it but I dont know
whiich one or how to use it. Any help would be great.

It's a cheap thing with sort of a flat V on the bottom. You slide the V under the clips and release the trim. Its just one of those things you have to do once, then its easy. Take a flat screwdriver, lift the molding till you find a clip, you will see how it works. You might have to go to an auto body store to get the tool, they havent used the clips like that on cars for years.
You need a trim tool like the one on the left in this set. http://snipurl.com/e45n Save some aggravation and buy the set if you plan on restoring a complete vehicle. You will need the middle one for the window cranks and the one on the right to pull the tree clips that secure the door panels and interior trim panels. One BIG word of advice on the window trim. BE VERY CAREFUL when you use that tool, if you catch the edge of the glass with it and chip it you will end up replacing the glass. I usually tell folks to make up a THIN plastic shim that they can slide under the trim before using the tool. Saves the glass from an oops.
--
Steve Williams