Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2008 Colbalt
Nice car but bad traction in snow. Had a Cavaliar back in the 80s, and it was always good in snow. The Colbalt has Korean tires on it, and I was wondering if that may be the problem. The tread is like...
3
3

Pontiac Aztec is Beautiful
Easy to say. I saw a Honda Pilot yesterday. --Vic
2
2

Bye Bye big block
1
1

G.M. Plans to Close Saab After Talks Collapse
G.M. Plans to Close Saab After Talks Collapse to find a buyer for Saab after a year-long search, General Motors said Friday that it would begin shutting down operations at the Swedish carmaker. G.M....
27
27

Surprise! Smart Fortwo among '10 Worst Cars of the Decade'
Surprise! Smart Fortwo among '10 Worst Cars of the Decade' that the 2011 models are starting to pile up, auto site Jalopnik is taking a run at naming the worst cars of the decade. No shortage of...
16
16

P'ing Steve W
About a month back you replied to a post regarding a '98 Olds Intrigue high-beam issue, suggesting replacing the column might be a cheaper, easier alternative to changing out the stalk switch (new...
1
1

Rattner on GM, Chrysler turnaround plans: 'They were delusional'
Rattner on GM, Chrysler turnaround plans: 'They were delusional' a frigid night last January, Bob Emerson drove home to Flint from his job in Lansing as Gov. Jennifer Granholm's budget director. When...

What Is It ?
Has anyone coined a name for the new mini hatchback/station wagons ? ie; Toyota Matrix, Nissan Versa, etc... Looks like a neat little package. but..... what to call that style of car ?
8
8

No spare tire????
The new Cobalt and Malibu (and possibly many other cars) no longer have a spare tire and jack unless you pay $100 for the option. Instead, you get an "inflation kit" that is probably like the gunk you...
41
41

Toyota's No. 1 -- but Ford's on the muscle
Toyota's No. 1 -- but Ford's on the muscle '09 race is a done deal, but momentum has shifted to Dearborn Kathy Jackson Automotive News December 14, 2009 - 12:01 am ET LOS ANGELES -- Toyota is spending...
13
13

Beijing Auto to Buy Some Saab Assets
Beijing Auto to Buy Some Saab Assets Automotive Industry Holding Co. has reached a tentative deal to acquire certain assets of General Motors Co.'s Saab unit, including intellectual property for two...
1
1

OT a bit: 1945 Willys Jeep MB
Curbside Classic: Five Revolutionary Vehicles ? No. 5 ? 1945 Willys Jeep MB nice pictures at the link site) Two key evolutionary developments define humans: a large brain and the ability to run long...

Power steering problem
I bought a clean '87 LeSabre for a work car with a very noisy power steering pump. I put on a used one, and it was noisy as well, as I would expect until I raised the front wheels off the ground and...

Historic Day in the Life of the Ol' Bonneville
Thursday, December 10, 2009 will go down as the first day ever that the Old 91 Bonneville didn't start. It was 4 degrees out. Wednesday I used the car all day - all week actually. The Sears...
6
6

Chinese car market overtakes US
USA is no longer #1 in autos, GM is next, soon will not be number one in it's own market. It lost number one in the world some time ago. Time to reconsider how much people in America want to pay for a...