Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Fifty Ugliest Cars of the Past 50 Years [Slideshow]
Fifty Ugliest Cars of the Past 50 Years [Slideshow]
14
14

Oil Additive to Stop Leak? Lucas?
I have a slow leak in my saturn 2002 sl1 (80,000miles). The mechanic thinks it is likely the head gasket. I get about a 1 or 2 inch diameter oil leak on my driveway every day. Any product that you...
13
13

new Impala wiper blades
The original wiper blades on my '08 Impala are starting to get a little shaggy, can I use regular aftermarket wiper blades or do I need to purchase OEM blades? They're those new frameless kind....
2
2

Runaway Toyota cases ignored
What a bunch of sleaze bags. I hope people will boycott Toyota over this. Toyota cases ignored More than 1,000 Toyota and Lexus owners have reported since 2001 that their vehicles suddenly accelerated...
46
46

GM not #1
Mike, what happened to GM? U.K.'s Guardian explains, "Volkswagen-Porsche has overtaken Toyota to become the world's largest car manufacturer as the German group benefits from state-backed stimulus...
43
43

'87 LeSabre power steering noise
1987 LeSabre with 150K, power steering growls constantly, louder when turning, etc. Reservoir full, still only a little harder to steer than normal, but annoying, been doing it for awhile. 1. Is this...

GM to put electric Cadillac Converj into production
Only the badge is changed to cover the guilty-the car stays the same. Looney Tunes. GM to put electric Cadillac Converj into production Motors Co. has decided to produce the Cadillac Converj, an...
1
1

More "Cash for Clunkers"
I read a newspaper article this week-end. They stated that much of the program users replaced older pickup trucks with newer pickup trucks. Trade-in...14mpg, New truck 17 mpg. That doesn't seem like...
19
19

'Clunkers' sales point to challenges
FWIW: At present we are visiting in the Oakland/San Francisco/Berkeley area and have been to the Portland, OR area. The sales "war" was waged and *lost big time* on the West coast long ago. My...
15
15

GM confirms that Europe chief Forster to leave but help with replacement search
Probably because he screwed up the Opal deal and now Germany wants the bridge loan paid back. Or perhaps bailing early to lock in pension before the company goes under. Especially since GM is out of...
3
3

Pontiac GP and Valet Remote Start
My 85 Grand Prix came with a Valet 556T remote start system. It's worked fairly fine for a long time, but recently let me down. First off, about 2 years ago, it would occasionally not start the fan...
4
4

Fueling Issues
My 2000 LeSabre has begun puking gas at fill up. I have the gas gauge sending unit problem and using my trip meter as a guide, all has been fine up to this point. At my re-fill mileage, I figure I've...
2
2

toyota greatness
since J. Higgens wont post this I will offer the following link for you amusement
6
6

GM Pontiac Grand Prix Idler & Tensioner Pulleys Replacement Guide
While I was replacing the supercharger belt and serpentine belt on my Grand Prix, I tried spinning all of the pulleys by hand. The serpentine belt tensioner pulley and the 3" supercharger idler pulley...

Workers call for stoppages, German government wants bridge loan back after GM keeps Opel
GM is ticking off the Germans. Getting a bridge loan to sell Opel and then squashing the deal. Fat chance Germany will see the $1.5 billion any time soon without a heavy arm twice, money at GM...
37
37