76 Chevy Impala Lock Cylinder Removal

I am trying to remove the lock cylinder on my chevy impala. However, I cannot get it to come out of the steering column. I have removed the steering wheel, the locking plate, and the turn signal assembly.
However, I cannot figure out how to get the cylinder out.
The haynes manual says that I should insert the screwdriver into the turn signal slot and break the housing flash. then depress the latch near the end of the lock and it should slide out. I am not sure what slot they are talking about, as the only opening in the metal, is the opening for the top of the rod. Any help would be appreciated, as I have no idea what it means by the housing flash.
Did one a long time ago. Helps to mark placement of ignition switch relative to column, switch is at base of column, connected to cylinder by long rod through column. Once electrical switch is removed, rod has to resistance. The casting flash may / may not be present, can be seen with directional switch out of way. Later GM's use a pin bolt to hold cylinder.
Basic Column wisdom.
Disconnect battery Unplug harmonica plugs at base of column Chock wheels, set parking brake, shift column into neutral, if lock cyl won't turn , Loosen bolt at selector lever / rod to bellcrank, and manually shift trans to neutral, than column to neutral.