79 K5 blazer tranny problem

My 79 K5 blazer will get warm and blow ALL of its transmission fluid out untill eventually it wont hold a gear. Its a 350 turbo automatic tranny. It wont do it while sitting still and by the time it does it such a mess that i cant tell where the fluid comes out at. And help would be appreciated

Reply to
dodgeman21689

Check your rad fan clutch. Your trans is overheating very bad very bad. I had this happen on a five ton with a munci trans. Didn't happen when I was driving straight into the wind but it did if I was hitting a cross wind on a hot day. It took four trans shops before I found one that figured it out.

Reply to
no one that you know