Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Transmission Question
I have a GMC Suburban and have a tranny question. I was under the impression that so long as the tranny wasn't shifting up and down to maintain a speed over hills (i.e. maintain speed with cruise...
10
10

GM Truck Buyers - Beware of Piston Slap
I wonder what happened to these peoples lawsuits?
17
17

At GM, Dreams of an Electric Cadillac
At GM, Dreams of an Electric Cadillac opposition from the Treasury Dept. and others, some GM execs still want to put the Chevy Volt engine in a luxury vehicle By David Welch The Cadillac driver is...
10
10

Why Are People Still Buying Old GM Stock?
Have 80 and Mikey been on a buying spree? Why Are People Still Buying Old GM Stock? AP [via Google] reports that 13.9m shares of Old GM were traded last Thursday alone, raising the obvious question:...
4
4

1965 Chevelle 283 thermostat housing.
Searching desparately for a water neck/thermostat housing for my Chevelle. Looking under the hood.....hose to thermostat comes from upper left on radiator (center fill on radiator). The thermoatat...
2
2

GM's Silverado named best truck in Canada
You sure are behind the news today JimmyBoy. GM's Silverado named best truck in Canada The Chevrolet Silverado hit the jackpot this week as it was named the 2008 Truck of the Year by the Automobile...
8
8

CAW members approve GM deal
WINDSOR -- About 7,500 CAW members working at General Motors in Oshawa, Windsor, St. Catharines and Woodstock, Ont., have voted overwhelmingly in favour of a new collective agreement, ratifying the...
1
1

GM, Ford close quality gap on Toyota
JD Power initial vehicle quality rankings Detroit's top-selling auto brands, Ford and Chevrolet, have almost eliminated a long-criticized gap with Toyota in new car quality, according to a closely...
12
12

Detroit three climb quality rankings
Cadillac, Lexus top satisfaction survey Grace Macaluso, The Windsor Star Published: Thursday, August 20, 2009 The Detroit Three are closing the quality gap with Asian competitors, according to a...

Motor Trend Brings a Camaro to a “Best Driv er’s Car” Competition
What's wrong JimmyBoy? Couldn't find any better dirt on GM today? The Camaro is hugely popular, can't be built quick enough to keep up with demand (and that is at one of the highest rated car plants...
14
14

30 mpg camaro, v6???
Anyone ever heard of a v6 camaro getting 30 mpg?? If so what was the vehicle set up like??
3
3

How GM Tried to Win Me Over, Pt. 3
Still no warranty to equal or better Hyundai's. How GM Tried to Win Me Over, Pt. 3 driving the Buick LaCrosse, I asked Line Director Jeanne Merchant a question: what could she tell me about...
4
4

No Instrument Panel Lights on 2000 Monte Carlo SS
Hi, I got in my car this evening and I have no instrument panel lighting. I got home and checked the fuses and all seems OK (Yes I turned the dimmer control to make sure it wasn't turned down). As...
3
3

Nissan Leaf = 367 mpg
GM didn't last long.... LOL... mpg for Volt? Not for very far General Motors trumpets its upcoming Volt; skeptics do the math. When dealing with electric cars, it turns out, your mileage may really,...
13
13

Volt vs. Prius: What's the better deal?
Volt vs. Prius: What's the better deal? 'll take higher gas prices, or a big subsidy from GM, for the new plug-in Volt to be cheaper to drive than the Toyota. But that doesn't mean it won't find...
7
7