84 camaro wont charge HELP

hi i have a 84 camaro 350 4bbl new batt and alt but it will not charge it has a good ground and new belt i think it is a wiring problem could some help me or email me a wiring diagram

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Mike.Piepgrass

Have you tested the output of the new alternator? It is not unknown for a new battery or rebuilt alternator to be DOA out of the box.

Reply to
NickySantoro

Try the Repair Guide section on the AutoZone website for wiring diagrams.

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt

mike use a test light to check the field voltage wires for power. (these are the two small wires that have a snap on connector to the alt.) test with the key in the run position. if you find no power check the fuses they sometimes clump other devices on the same fuse. Also check for power at the large wire at the back of alt.

Reply to
gratt via CarKB.com