84 cutlass with mid 80's chevy 350.

I have an 84 cutlass supreme and I bought it with a chevy 350 already installed. It has a holley 4160 (600) carb., edelbrock highrise intake, and cam, flowmasters, hooker headers, the works. Some of this I added
like the exhaust but most was done. My question is this. On the holley, I only have one vacume line running into it. It comes from the vacume advance and it also splits off and goes somewhere else. Where it splits at there are 3 places other lines can connect. One is blocked off which a mechanic did, the other 2 im not sure where they run. So, how can I find out where these lines go. One is connected and the other isnt. The one that isnt, when i do connect it, the engine starts to idle up higher than when its disconnected. But it also idles so high that when in park i had to adjust idle down, and when in gear it was set too low.
Another question. -- When i disconnected the vacuum advance line from the carb. and put my fingewr over the hose, i feel No vacuum and it makes no changes in the running of the car. Seems to me thats a problem. But what really gets me is the fact that the carr runs great. Im thinking the vacuum advance isnt working but then if it isnt, how can the car be running as well as it is??????
Sorry for rambling.
Check one of the manuals for that engine (Haynes, Chilton, etc) and trace the vac route...should be easy enough to see where they should go, then you can start to troubleshoot, etc. Hope that helps? Havea good one
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

should then feel the vacuum. At idle there should be none--it's designed that way. Don't need advance at idle, but you do as soon as you begin to take off, HTH, s

There won't be any vacuum on the advance line at idle when everything is operating as it should. Try opening the throttle a tad and test for suction again.
Chris