84 Fiero is running a high idle

The car starts fine then when put into gear and let off the clutch then press the gas, it always wants to die and when in neutral it wants to die when you push the gas but idles at about 2500-3000. Ive
only replaced the MAP and O2 snesor and is running a bit better but not wanting to get up to speed. I just bought it and is frustrating. Can anyone give my a clue is to what is happening?
FieroTaz wrote:

You bought a piece of crap....
Sell it and go buy an old MG or Triumph, they are a lot easier to keep running.

"FieroTaz" wrote: > The car starts fine then when put into gear and let off the > clutch then press the gas, it always wants to die and when in > neutral it wants to die when you push the gas but idles at > about 2500-3000. I've only replaced the MAP and O2 snesor and > is running a bit better but not wanting to get up to speed. I > just bought it and is frustrating. Can anyone give my a clue > is to what is happening?
now i think that it is a fuel pump cause the injector is getting no fuel and the line is bone dry but the pump turns on.
"FieroTaz" wrote: > now i think that it is a fuel pump cause the injector is > getting no fuel and the line is bone dry but the pump turns > on.
yea i got the pump today for $50 and gonna replace it and was wondering if i can get it thro the center console someone told me i can but not quite sure