85 GMC C1500 minor starting problem

I recently purchased a 1985 GMC C1500 engine 305 77xxx miles I have a minor starting problem. If the truck has been sitting for a 8 + hours or more it does not start right away, I have to crank it for awhile.
If right after it starts I shut it down and try to restart it I have no problems. It seams Like there it is not getting any fuel. Where do I start looking to fix this. Also the longer it sits, the longer it takes to start.