86 Cutlass Supreme - No acceleration

Hey all, I have a 86 Cutlass Supreme 3.2L V6, with about 86,000 miles on it. Last year the transmission was rebuilt. I am currently experiencing extremely poor acceleration when starting from a complete stop or at a slow speed (first gear). With my foot on the gas, the car just idles, if i push the pedal far enough then it goes. This doesn't happen all the time. Also this didn't start happening until last weeks snowstorm (i live in New York). Car got stuck in the snow. Is it possible something got screwed up in the transmission? Or something more with the engine? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jorell

To email me privately just remove NOSPAM from my email.

Reply to
Jorell Kovin

Weedahoe

What other information is needed? When the car is in park, it throttles correctly. Also when at highway speeds it runs fine. I would be more than happy to provide more information.

Thanks, Jorell To email me privately just remove NOSPAM from my email.

related.....need

Reply to
Jorell Kovin

Check trans. fluid?

Reply to
Supernoma

It could also be a sticky throttle assembly(one of the springs could be shot), or a failing fuel pump(asks for more fuel, gets the same dribble).

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

I checked the transmission fluid, level was fine. How can I check for myself some of things that other people have posted as to the cause of this problem?

Thanks, Jorell To email me privately just remove NOSPAM from my email.

Reply to
Jorell Kovin

Reply to
Dave J and Lynne J Shepherd

Reply to
J. Fox

Thanks everyone for their replies, I am heading over to where I had the transmission rebuilt today for them to look at it. I will post what the problem is.

Thanks, Jorell Kovin To email me privately just remove NOSPAM from my email.

Reply to
Jorell Kovin