86 Cutlass Supreme - No acceleration

Hey all, I have a 86 Cutlass Supreme 3.2L V6, with about 86,000 miles on it. Last year the transmission was rebuilt. I am currently experiencing extremely poor acceleration when starting from a complete stop or at a slow
speed (first gear). With my foot on the gas, the car just idles, if i push the pedal far enough then it goes. This doesn't happen all the time. Also this didn't start happening until last weeks snowstorm (i live in New York). Car got stuck in the snow. Is it possible something got screwed up in the transmission? Or something more with the engine? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Jorell
To email me privately just remove NOSPAM from my email.
could be vacuum leaks, could be carb issue, possibly trans related.....need more info to specify

it.
slow
push
Also
York).
What other information is needed? When the car is in park, it throttles correctly. Also when at highway speeds it runs fine. I would be more than happy to provide more information.
Thanks, Jorell To email me privately just remove NOSPAM from my email.

the
Weedahoe wrote:

It could also be a sticky throttle assembly(one of the springs could be shot), or a failing fuel pump(asks for more fuel, gets the same dribble).
Check trans. fluid?
--

Is sex dirty? Only if it's done right.
-Woody Allen

the
Tell you the truth sound like symptoms of a bad torque convertor, have the stall speed rpm checked at a trans shop.

on
Probably sticking in 2nd gear. Kicks down to 1st when you step on it. Same thing happened to mine, although it was older car with turbo 400...

it.
slow
push
Also
York).
Thanks everyone for their replies, I am heading over to where I had the transmission rebuilt today for them to look at it. I will post what the problem is.
Thanks, Jorell Kovin To email me privately just remove NOSPAM from my email.

the