86 the 97x!!

The "Saab" 97x is a TrailBlazer in a Swedish tux! It's akin to piling a ton of milk crates on top of the local library and draping them in
gray tarp and calling it the Empire State Building. Or, slapping an "American Tourister" badge on a cheap gym bag and calling it a suitcase!!! Or, slapping the Swiss red n' white on a 19.99 knockoff watch on the corner of 42nd and Fifth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The TB platform was in design stage during the LAST Bush administration - yes, I mean Papa. It was obsolete when it hit Chevrolet's showrooms.
This is what GM's ownership of Saab has done to the fine Swedish heritage. If Saab wanted an SUV, they could have taken BMW's cue(5 series based X5) and based the thing on the real 9-7! Someone at Saab and/or at GM did nothing less than fold up like a two-dollar suitcase when they signed off on that disaster!
The Saab-like nose is about all this disaster shares with the rest of the Swedish line.

snipped-for-privacy@snet.net the troll says...

You...are...a...Moron
The swiss havent made anything I hadnt had to work on at one time or another and charged heavly for >:D My advice to you is to pull that stick out of your ass and stfu.
EOD
HeatWave wrote:

The SAAB vehicles are Swiss-made?
the troll says...

Not Swiss, Swedish. I owned one of them years ago, and it was an excellent car in every respect. Now, SAAB is owned by GM. The normal tendency is to adapt GM units to the car while trying to keep the appearance of the SAAB line. Some feel that SAAB has suffered under GM cloning.
SAAB also made aircraft, including the Viggen fighter jet.
Much the same has happened at Volvo (also Swedish originally), which has undergone some Fordization.

swedish*.... Though some of it or them could be made there. Same overpriced European junk either way. Never cared enough to look. I've seen enough of their engines to never want to own one. The rebadging of the Bravada was a insult to Olds and a boost to Saab from where I stand.
HeatWave wrote:

Obviously you folks never studied ANALOGIES in school.
I never said the Saab was Swiss/Swiss made. I said that rebadging the TB platform as a Saab was LIKE putting the Swiss flag on a cheap lookalike watch you buy off the city streets!
Jeez, no wonder they slipped Iraq by just about everyone in this country! Think, people, - FOCUS!!! READ before you comment.

-CC
"The White House today announced that an invasion of the Philippines is imminent. They stated that the rubber industry could be converted into producing weapons of mass destruction: Giant slingshots stretched between skyscraper roofs to hurl coconuts at U.S. commercial air traffic near Manila. More...after this."
snipped-for-privacy@snet.net the tard says...

Did this NG have say alt.stupid.asshat.politics anywhere or did alt.autos.gm slip by you. You are just another asshat troll with no life. The fact that you posted more than 400 times in one month proves this. As a troll though your post are pretty damn pathetic. So much so that you arent even worth feeding...

#1 I'm not a troll, I was just pointing out how *well* most of you read my original post. "Saab being a Swiss car" - gadalmighty are we paying attenshen?
#2 - What the heck is an ASSHAT?!