87 Sierra startin problem

I have a 1987 sierra classic TBI with 350 and it takes like 25 cranks to start the truck and once i drive it for a bit it doesnt like to start back up , any ideas im thinkin it might be a fuel pump not sure tho. Thanks

Sounds like fuel pump relay contacts not making up. My '89 Suburban started taking about 15 to 20 seconds of cranking to start. (usually took 2 to 5 seconds). It was worse when hot (100 plus degree air temp and pulling a boat trailer). The contacts on the fuel pump relay (mounted on the fire wall above the distributor) were pitted and not making up. I was camping, so just burnished the contacts and it's been fine ever since (8 or 9 years!!). The pump is powered via an oil pressure switch when running, the relay just provides pump power at start up.