88-91 dash replacement

I have a 91 C1500 Silverado and the upper dash has pretty much disintegrated from age and sun exposure. Have located a replacement dash assy. from a salvage yard. Anyone have experience or tips for
replacement for years 88-91? Is this a weekend job, or better just to buy a dash mat and forget it? Thanks.

Go to an upholstery shop (or shop online) & buy a *Coverlay*--not a mat, but a hard-shell cover that glues right atop the old cracked dash & fits like a glove. Can be dyed to match, or it comes in black, IIRC. Used bunches of 'em--even bought a personal pickup a couple of years ago & never noticed IT had one until several days later. HTH, s

Try here:>> http://www.truckstuffusa.com/harddashcovers.html << s
Thanks for the reply. I saw the coverlays in the LMC truck catalogue, but was concerned about the rigidity since this dash is basically a jigsaw puzzle with only three outside corners intact. The edge along the windshield is pretty bad. Are these strong enough for this type of scenario? I would hate to have it bow or sag after installation.

I'd think you could chuck it up with foam rubber in the low places. If you find one locally, I'm sure they'd let you take it out and 'try it on' for fit. Luck to you, s