88 Astro tilt steering column squeaks - Arrrrrrgh!

Seems to be comming from pivotal area.
Does not squeak when firm pressure is applied from top or bottom of steering wheel. This wears my arms out and the squeaks drive me crazy.
Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.
1988? I'd say the pivital point is worn out. Might be some warped plastic parts in the column rubbing. Can you shoot any kind of lube in the piviot area?
Might be something you'll have to live with.
Good Luck
You are correct. My mechanic lubed the steering linkage and it still squeaks. would rather sell the thing than live with it :)