'88 Buick LeSabre...Service Engine soon?

Hey,

I have an '88 Buick LeSabre and tonight as I drove into my driveway the SERVICE ENGINE SOON lit up...when I popped my hood, it smelled like burnt rubber...

Any ideas on what might be wrong?

Thanks,

Wendy

Reply to
wen01

wen01 wrote in alt.autos.gm

Burning rubber smell, could be a belt, or maybe some wiring. I would suspect a belt first though.

Reply to
Dick C

Well who knows! Have a look closely and see what you can find maybe the alternator or a belt?? That car is simple enough to check codes on at home. Get a manual for it and do the code check procedure. You could probably find code # and picture of how to do it right on the net. I think I saw someone else post a couple links for doing this.

Reply to
Hayman