'88 Cavalier steering column

My '88 Cavalier Z24 steering column has that looseness so many of them develop where they will pivot about 1/2" up to about the 2 o'clock position. I have a donor car whose column and wheel is in much better shape and it might be easier to just swap columns rather than take it apart. The donor's column and wheel look better anyway. The donor car is a year newer, an '89, with a similar column setup--tilt and cruise. Other than the year difference, they're similar cars except one's an automatic on the floor and the other is a stick. Anyone HAPPEN to know of any reason these wouldn't be compatible before I take them both out? (Not really that much fun to get at).

Reply to
James Goforth

They should be identical.

Reply to