88 Pontiac Bonneville --- looking for opinions and advice on fixing it up.

I just bought a 88 pontiac bonneville for about $480 USD (I'm in Vancouver, Canada) and it's in pretty good shape, no significant rust. It's got a V8 (don't know the size) and most stuff works except the
power antenna and the AC. What would a pro do with this car to fix it up? Is it a good candidate for fixing up? As you can probably tell, I'm not an automotive genius. And right now it actually won't start but that might be just a low battery --- last question, how much does it cost to replace a starter motor?
tom_in_van wrote:
"What would a pro do with this car to fix it

Honestly, if the car is decent, just drive it and get your value out of it. I can buy a rebuilt starter for under $50 and they last a long time for me. Others pay more. You have not provided any information to suggest that your starter is the problem. My view is that when you buy a used car, don't put any big money into it until you have time to see how solid the mechanicals really are. Right now you have one that doesn't even run, so learn how to walk first.
Turns out it's just an old battery that can't hold much of a charge. With a jump-start it's all good. Nevertheless, other than that, it's in good shape --- especially the interior. here are some pics if you wanna take a look (anyone?):
http://members.shaw.ca/cyberhun/whiterock/3.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/cyberhun/whiterock/4.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/cyberhun/whiterock/5.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/cyberhun/whiterock/6.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/cyberhun/whiterock/7.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/cyberhun/whiterock/8.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/cyberhun/whiterock/9.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/cyberhun/whiterock/10.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/cyberhun/whiterock/11.jpg
It has auto reverse! Cool.

I admit it looks very nice for the money Tom. Good luck with it.
Tune it up. Change all the fluids. Put a new battery in it. Have the starting system & charging system tested. Check the brakes too.
That's not an 88 Bonneville. The 88's were front wheel drive V6's'
Good Luck
Harryface
05 Park Avenue 36,232 91 Bonneville LE 306,191