88 Toronado Trofeo suspension question

My sons have driven their uncle's (now their's) 88 Trofeo for about 5 years and have given up on it now that it requires more maintenance and are starting families. Actually I was involved in all the work to keep it going (a father/son thing) and I kind of like the car, know it pretty well, and I am thinking about keeping it rather than having them sell it. However, a while back the muffler needed some patching up and the muffler man told me to sell the car soon while it was still running, something about rusted suspension (we are in Ohio). First, I don't believe in selling away my troubles to some unsuspecting buyer (like Martha Stewart would), unless they are told about any potential problems. I've looked underneath but with little real expertise, I don't know exactly what he was talking about. Everything looks pretty solid to me, but yes there is rust. I will go back to him sometime, but first I'm seeking other opinions of what could be problems. I remember replacing the fuel pump and the fuel lines were rusted. It wouldn't be my main means of transportation.

Thanks,

BTW to prevent more spam, I don't list an active email address. use dalemstevens hotmail

Reply to
Dale