'88 Z-24 no-start

I have an 88 cavalier Z-24, 2.8 multiport V6 convertible, which I store over the winters. The most recent time I started it was about 6 weeks ago--had to crank it a little longer than normal as expected after
sitting several months. Tried starting it now and it has no spark. Jumped across the ALDL and got no codes (just code 12, indicating the diagnostic system is working). I'd had this happen another time and replaced the crankshaft sensor with one off a junk donor car I have (an '89) and that got it going. But before I did that I had someone tell me these vehicles were notorious for ign module failure. As such, I'd simply swap the one from my donor car onto this convertible and try that--BUT they're actually pretty difficult to get at, so I'm not real eager to go to all the hassle of removing (TWO of them) and replacing one with the other, etc. So before I do that, I'd appreciate anyone else's similar experience, or ideas. Direct emails ok. Thx in advance.
BTW, car has about 150K, new computer.
Problem was the crankshaft sensor connector became contaminated from oil leakage, as per a TSB out on them. Apparently many crank sensors have been replaced on those motors when there was nothing wrong with the sensor; it would cure the problem of course but it would show back up later due to the oil leak. I don't really see how the connectors would be so prone to getting oil inside of them, but they sure enough do.