89 buick lesabre

hi everybody, have 3.8 lesabre 89, want the heater controls and heat defroster to work, will try and stay calm about this as this happened a year ago, to my understanding the blower motor resistor controls the heater speeds? I put that in a year ago and she blew out real hot heat. 5 min. went by from me installing the resistor and when me and the wife got to the mall we saw smoke coming from the engine, opened up the hood and to our surprise there was a fire a brewin! I didn't have any water but was able to put it out with a 2 liter bottle of mountain dew! I can honestly say mt dew did an execellent job in saving the car, anyway as you would imagine I was a little upset with the parts department with the dealer, brought it in, they came back to me in the waiting room and asked if the car had started on fire right away, because the car didn't quote on quote fire up the second it started they would do nothing for me, so I'm a lil upset about this still as you can probably tell, was this bs from the dealer?

question 1 what controls the speed for the blower motor, the buick does blow out only at high, when she had a newely installed one she would not move from high to low, have heard that the relay or a fuse could be the problem child, is the right fuse box right under floor panel to the right!? if that is it which fuse do I pull?? if this is a relay problem where is the relay? or is there more lol

question 2 the rear defroster is not working, doesn't power on, I'm assuming its probably just a switch, where's the best way to get at the switch? am I on the right track?

Reply to
fordltd

The resister pack controls the speed of the blower motor.

Did you check the fuse? If it's not the fuse then try ohming across the grid. If it ohms good, then ohm the switch.

Reply to
Mike Marlow