89 Deville power window pops out of track and drops down.

I managed to get into the door and found a plastic runner in the channel at the bottom of the glass that takes a ball joint looking connector. That square white plastic piece is cracked so I'm guessing that is the problem.

My question is I can't even get the cracked one to slip back onto the ball joint. Does this need to be purchased as an assembly or is there a trick? I'd rather not have to buy a whole new power window assembly if there's a trick.

It's no fun having the glass drop when you close the door.

thanks in advance Troy

Reply to
<no

From GM, I believe it comes with the regulator. You can probably snap one out of a junk yard unit, however. I believe they leave them attached to the glass usually.

Reply to
hyundaitech

sounds like the Guide ear broke. A glass window replacement shop may sell you one. They spread apart over the glass then snaps together. The cars I've owned they were in the upper rear portion of the window. There is a small hole in the window where part of the guide ear snap fastner will go through.

It may help to remove the window stop block inside the bottom of the door so you can lower the window more.

Run the window all the way down, install the guide ear through the hole in the glass , then slowly raise the window & guide the guide ear into the weatherstrip run channel.

Re install stop block.

good luck.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~280,033 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

I thought he was talking about the plastic slider with a hole in the middle that slides back and forth in the regulator rail.

Reply to
hyundaitech