'89 Seville cruise control does not shut off with brake pedal

Need help with cruise control brake shut down ( snipped-for-privacy@netzero.com) Thanks for you time J

Reply to
Baldy

Need more than that.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

The cruise control has two switches, one electrical/one vacuum, mounted on the brake pedal support. The electrical switch turns off the power to the controller when the brake pedal is depressed. The vacuum release valve is also mounted on the brake pedal support. It vents cruise control servo vacuum when the pedal is depressed. The venting action serves as a second disengagement system.

The ECM should show trouble codes associated with a cruise control problem. The ECM also has the capability of testing the various switches in the cruise control system.

Hope this helps

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt

Baldy, we are all assuming a bunch w/such little info. But while we are guessing, let;s guess the switch actuated by the brake pedal needs adjusting. Putt and I are just trying....HTH & god luck, s

Reply to
sdlomi2