89 z24 instrument cluster removal

I'm trying to change the bulbes in my instrument cluster, but I cant figure out how to get the assembly out. The dash is a one piece so the cluster gets
wedged between the steering column and the top of the dash. does anyone have a trick for this? There must be a way to get the cluster out without dropping the steering column. thx
Just loosen the two bolts that hold the steering column up in place. You don't have to remove them completely, just back them out enough to remove the cluster. The first time I did it I just pulled on the cluster until it popped out, but lossening the bolts makes it a ton easier.
Steve

figure
gets
have