90 lumina euro - remove trannie?

Hi there,
Posted several months ago regarding how the reverse quit on my 90 Lumina Euro (sedan).
3.1L V6 with 4T60 transmission 131000kms.
Basically, you guys confirmed what the tranny shops had already been telling
me... the trannie is shot!
Sooo, I got a different one from another 1990 lumina with the same configuration at the auto wrecker.
Went to remove my old transmission yesterday... Is there some kinda trick to getting the H-Frame to come down? I couldn't get any of the mounting bolts to budge! Had a 650 ft-lb big bertha impact gun on them.... jacked the car up on the H-frame to try and compress the rubber in the mounts on the 4 corners of the H-frame... they would not budge.
Any ideas? am I missing something here? I put it back on 4 wheels (no driveshafts are in the transmission right now, I am planning to tow it to a shop if I can't figure it out...)

======== ========
Must be rust......cuz you're using the correct technique. Or your gun is no good.
Might try rattling the bolts forward and back with the gun to see if it works. (tighten..loosen..tighten..loosen) Sometimes that's all it takes.
Other than that....the "Blue Wrench" (torch)
~:~ MarshMonster ~takes a toke.....wonders if your impact gun cost over 300 dollors like his did.......and if you do trannies for a liven like he does~ ~:~
Nothing wrong with the gun... but the air supply is a different story. Will be bringing the car to my buddy's place, he just bought a $2200 compressor, it runs 3/4" air lines.
The gun was over 300, its a Mac.... My bro-in-law used to do big truck trannies for a living...
MarshMonster wrote:

dont understand prob...i use a $69 napa impact and before i can get outa the way all four bolts are out....sure you got the direction correct?..........kjun
--
The Source For Premium Newsgroup Access
Great Speed, Great Retention
Kjun wrote:

MarshMonster wrote:

I like my $300+ impact gun. It tightens up them thar tranny pan bolts real good!
Ian