'91 Bonneville Code 22

Hey again all. You all helped me a great deal with the other things with my '91 Bonnie, but I have another question. The SES light comes on and off (at
it's own will, or so it would seem), and when I did a code check, it brought up a code 22, which, from my information, points to "Throttle Position (TPS) Voltage Low". Should I go ahead and replace the entire throttle position sensor, or is there another fix? Also, on a dumber (as in me) note, where is the TPS located? I have looked it up, but the information I have seen does not help me locate it. If anyone knows a link to a site with a picture, that would be greatly appreciated, as would any info be on this problem.
Thanks all. :)
--
80Knight
(1991 Pontiac Bonneville SSE Sedan)
"80 Knight" wrote:
(1991 Pontiac Bonneville SSE Sedan)
SES Code 22 (TPS Voltage Low). Replace the TPS or is there another fix? Where is the TPS located? Link to a picture? _______________________________________
The TPS is a variable resistor like a radio volume control. It is connected to the throttle shaft. It could be on either side of the throttle body. It has an electrical connector to connect it to the ECM.
I would unplug and replug the connector a couple of times to break up any corrosion, and I would open and close the throttle (engine off) a bunch of times for the same reason, but I don't know enough to discuss what other action to take.
A picture of a 91 SSE TPS is at http://tinyurl.com/6lcja
Good luck.
Thank you very much for your help!! :)