'91 Bonneville Hesitating

Hey everyone. I have another question about my newly acquired 1991 Bonneville SSE. I just got the car certified here in Ontario today, so today was the day that I could actually drive the car, and see how it runs. For
starters, the car hesitates. Also, I was on my way home tonight, and the gas gage read around 1/4 of a tank, and the car kept stalling. I would start it up again, but I could only keep it running if my foot was on the gas. It stopped that after about 5 mins of driving, and after $15 worth of gas was put in. Next thing was that the car ran perfect all the way home (around 15 mins more of driving), until, I was pulling up to a stop light, and the Service Engine Soon light came on. The car is running great, even with the SES light on, but does anyone out there have any idea what the problem could be? ECM? Plugs? Wires? Any thoughts?
Thanks for your help.
There are a hundred different reasons why an SES light could be on. Luckily, way back in 1991 you could check the computer for trouble codes without special tools. http://www.troublecodes.net/GM / GW
80 Knight wrote:

EGR stuck open intermittently? What's the code?
Does your car have passlock? Does your key have a chip in it? If it does you security system will malfunction and cause you car to behave exactly as you have described! Solution: Buy a new key from the dealership.($30.00)

Thanks for the info, but the car is not equipped with passlock. Any other suggestions?
Thanks for the info everyone, but the problem seems to have fixed itself. The car still does not start perfectly (though, as I think of it, the car did start perfectly the two times I used it today), also, the SES light has gone off, and it no longer stalls. I am thinking that the ECM had to reset itself, because that is what all of my other cars used to do when the computer was resetting itself.
Thanks for all your help

today
For
gas
it
was
15
the
could
Hav a similar problem, so for the goodwrenches don't know what it is. Now Tuesday it run fine with the AC on for an 80 mile HWY trip up north.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~283,100 miles_~_~_