91 Buick Park Ave Anti Lock ABS light

About two months ago one of my break lines rusted out and drained the all the break fluid from my car. Then the Anti Lock light came on and is still on, I tried to reset the codes, by flashing them hoping that
would help. It didn't. The service manual for my car says I have to take it to the dealer to get the ecm reset. Any one know how to do this with out paying them $80 to reset my computer. I had the battery disconnect for a little while and it also did not work.
Thanks, Dan.
Have the abs scanned to see what the problem is, may not be related,

The capacitor's on the computer will hold a charge for a while without electrical supply. My preferred technique is to disconnect the battery & turn on the light switch or other electrical device to clear any residual electricity.
Odds are though there's something wrong with the system that's triggering the light. Probably you're going to have to get it scanned.
Thanks for the reply but it didn't work. I hate to have to pay these guys. I also get no code when I jump the ALDL connector from A-B, just code 12.
Must have screwed up ABS when all the fluid drained out. Any one know if these cheap GM scanners at wal-mart work?
On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:41:58 -0400, Full_Name wrote:

I don't know where you are but if in Toronto, my CTC service tech Glen will re-set/clear it for $42.00 (remember that's only to clear it. If it comes back will need to diagnose it. His knowledge in Electrical problems is among top 3% of all CTC Techs or better. 905 822-7180 900 South Down RD Mississauga Dan H. PS don't ever call around for free advice on the phone and then later come in because you still can't figure it out, they will most likely take you through the cleaners for doing so. Sad but true the best of the best take offence to guys calling in not wanting to pay the expert for a hands on diagnosis just free advice by phone. Remember laywers will take a retainer b4 they will discuss anything with you and in the billing will bill out the conversations with them by phone.
Dan Brow wrote:

I'm in London, and I will never use CTC (you mean Canadian Tire right?) to service my car. I've heard and know of a lot of problems with them and their techs. But then again it's almost impossible to find an honest mechanic.
I personal don't call service companies and ask them how to do something, I try to figure it out on my own, ask some questions in news groups like this on, and search stuff out via google. But it all boils down to having to take my car in to do a diag on it.
Thanks for your reply.
Dan.
On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 20:01:51 +0000, daniel wrote:

You must have an ecm reader which will read the codes for abs. Had the same problem with my 91 Astro Van but when I purchased the ABS code reader I was able to reset the codes for the ABS. Any auto store should carry one.

Thanks for the follow up.
I was looking at one at my local Wal-mart, only $20 CDN, it has ABS, but according to the web site it won't do ABS for my car. I was google'ing a little and found that you can jumper Pin A to H and get the ABS error code(s), but to my surprise I have no pin H. This must be the reason that this unit (http://www.iequus.com/item.asp?cid &pid123) can't do it. Any one know of another cheap one I can buy in Ontario, Canada that may work for me.
Thanks, Dan.
On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 22:26:38 -0400, Mike & Chris wrote:

Find a shop with a snap on scanner that has the abs cartridge ( common), and get it done.

take
Try Canadian Tire that's were I purchased mine