91, buick Skylark, Wide open idle

I have a question for all you nice people out there. I have a 91 buick skylark 2.5L Throttle body. It has many problems but i want to get it running correctly again cause it has a mint body and it starts at
least. The one main problem is when I start the car it runs like its wide open and over heats very quickly, 5 mins or less. Now i checked if the gas pedal is stuck but it work fine. there was slack on the gas cable going to the throttle body and its still doing it. the butter fly is closed but it runs at a crazy high rpm like a if you was to put your foot on the gas a little bit while in park. Im thinking it could be a wide open idle sensor or the throttle postition sensor, Any ideas out there. Thanks beforehand to anyone that can help.
Signed, XeroBlade
Hmmm...wide open idle with the throttle closed means...air (lots of it) is still getting into the intake. The engine will run very lean (more air than fuel in the air/fuel mix) and overheat. My best guess is a vacuum device connected to the intake or injector system is either unplugged or the connecting hose is toast. I once saw similar symptoms on my 2.2l Cavalier when the hose connecting the PCV valve to the intake disintegrated.
Xero Blade wrote:

Fire needs air. No air=no fire. Find out where the air is getting in.