91 Camaro 305 Question

Hey! I just bought a 91 camaro RS and the guy before me had a V8 305 5.7L put in by a cheverolet dealership. I was wondering how much horsepower that would come with?

A 5.7 is a 350, a 305 is 5.0, as for the available hp, it depends, is it a 305 or 350, most likely a 350 and it depends on the package... some can reach over 250HP.... tell us more about the engine, is it tpi or carb, but usually these 350 reach at least 200HP
Eric

"etsi" wrote: > A 5.7 is a 350, a 305 is 5.0, as for the available hp, it > depends, is it a > 305 or 350, most likely a 350 and it depends on the package... > some can > reach over 250HP.... tell us more about the engine, is it tpi > or carb, but > usually these 350 reach at least 200HP > > Eric
> > > Hey! I just bought a 91 camaro RS and the guy before me had > a V8 305 > > 5.7L put in by a cheverolet dealership. I was wondering how > much > > horsepower that would come with? > > > > -- > > Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request > > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet > standards > > Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/GM-91-Camaro-305-ftopict106425.html > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report > abuse: > > http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?pI5990
ok well the guy told me it was a 305....but on my smog check next to engine size it says 5.7 L, im not a car expert though id like to be but this is going to sound dumb but how do i check for myself to see what engine it is?
You might have to run the code from the passenger side deck.