91 chevy caviler tranny problems

My tranny went in my car and i got a used tranny from another car that was suppost to be a 91. The problem is now my speedometer will not work or my mileage. Is there a way to convert over my piece from my
car which has a magnetic piece to the one for the newer tranny which has gears. I think the one they just put in with the gears is from an older car and it does not fit but everything else works. Help please. I do not want to have to go buy another tranny just to make the speedometer and mileage work. :(
If I understand this correctly, your car uses the magnetic pickup, and the tranny you put in uses the gear pickup. The process, if possible, of converting your car to a gear pickup or the tranny to a magnetic pickup would be much harder than buying another tranny.
You would have to find an instument cluster from an '89 or '90, which won't fit in your car because they changed the body/interior for '91. In '89 and '90 (not sure if it's both years or just one) they used a combination gear/electronic pickup. Had a cable to run the speedo and wiring to go to the PCM. But it hardly matters because the cluster won't fit anyways.
Going the other way, you would have to disassemble both trannys and swap out the magnetic pickup parts. I'm not sure if that is even possible, you would have to talk to a tranny shop or just try it on your own.
Steve

http://www.autoforumz.com/General-Discussion-91-chevy-caviler-tranny-problems-ftopict119547.html
if you purchased a used transmission the shop that installed the trans should have switched the governer assembly and cover to the trans being installed in your vehicle depending on 3 speed 125c or 4 speed 440t4 transaxles so that the speedo would work correctly .in that early of a vehicle the covers and governer assemblies would switch right over get back to where you had work done and get them to switch it with your old trans...it can be done in the car and is normally only 2 bolts and a few minutes of work

request
http://www.autoforumz.com/General-Discussion-91-chevy-caviler-tranny-problem s-ftopict119547.html