91 Lumina APV dies after 15 minutes

Its ok Jack ! And Just priced the new distyributor and they want another $109 and it dont come with the new ignition module..ouchthey have to order be calling around

Reply to
Painterpaul

Got The new distributor..Now if the rain would leave us alone I can get out and work on it..

Reply to
Painterpaul

Well It appears I had to change the entire distributer.. it could of been the module or the coil inside the distributer .It has run for 20 minutes in the parking spot then road tested around the block with the a/c for 40 more minutes ,then I shut down the motor and restarted it with no problem!!

Reply to
Painterpaul

Oh! By the way thanks for the suggestions and help ..And Most of all HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!

Reply to
Painterpaul

It's the little 4 pin module in the distributer. HIGHLY heat sensetive and one of the few items in the older GM cars that will stop you dead on the road. I have a 92 Cparice and I keep one in the trunk just in case :)

There is a reason why it has all that heat sink compound on it :)

Look at it this way, after 14 years the distributer is more than likely worn anyhow so you killed a couple of birds with one stone.

Glad it's fixed!!

Reply to
Walter

Well This One Baffles me ..I ran some heirings and did about 30 miles stop and go let it sit for 2 hours and went again to wash clothes and on the way home at about 45 miles of running it stalls while still in gear at a red light . tried starting it and it started fine 2-3x but when i put it in drive it stalls. I then pushhed it to nuetral and pushed it to the shell station bought a pack of ciggerettes and got up set,called some one and told them and didn't quite understand how to describe what just happened .. Then I called a mechanic and started it put it in reverse and then drive than it worked so we talked then I took it about 9 miles to my house . It sorta wanted to act up again but I took it slow and easy till it got home now I am comfused cause it acted like a transmission issue but it might not be the transmission. it could be it cooled down but it ran fine in park it just did not seem to wanna be in drive

Reply to
Painterpaul

well It was easy it was the tcc-solenoid...