91 Lumina APV dies after 15 minutes

Page 2 of 2
Oh! By the way thanks for the suggestions and help ..And Most of all HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!

On Mon, 30 May 2005 15:09:32 -0700, Painterpaul wrote:

It's the little 4 pin module in the distributer. HIGHLY heat sensetive and one of the few items in the older GM cars that will stop you dead on the road. I have a 92 Cparice and I keep one in the trunk just in case :)
There is a reason why it has all that heat sink compound on it :)
Look at it this way, after 14 years the distributer is more than likely worn anyhow so you killed a couple of birds with one stone.
Glad it's fixed!!
Well This One Baffles me ..I ran some heirings and did about 30 miles stop and go let it sit for 2 hours and went again to wash clothes and on the way home at about 45 miles of running it stalls while still in gear at a red light . tried starting it and it started fine 2-3x but when i put it in drive it stalls. I then pushhed it to nuetral and pushed it to the shell station bought a pack of ciggerettes and got up set,called some one and told them and didn't quite understand how to describe what just happened .. Then I called a mechanic and started it put it in reverse and then drive than it worked so we talked then I took it about 9 miles to my house . It sorta wanted to act up again but I took it slow and easy till it got home now I am comfused cause it acted like a transmission issue but it might not be the transmission. it could be it cooled down but it ran fine in park it just did not seem to wanna be in drive
well It was easy it was the tcc-solenoid...
well It was easy it was the tcc-solenoid...
On Fri, 27 May 2005 17:18:40 -0500, Paul wrote:

Just re-read your message and had another thought.
One other thing, does the oil pressure sensor talk to the computer and shut down things if the pressure goes low? If so, that may be why it was plugged. Map sensor will not shut the car down.

Let me add that the car did the same thing before all the new parts were added. Eprom chip didn't help, oil sensor either, map and O2 didn't phase it.
So to answer your question, he can check the schematics about the oil sensor, It does read good, showing 60 psi when started, whereas when it was plugged, the gauge just pegged out. Have no clue why it was plugged, it was bought in that condition.
Thanks for your help, we'll be checking your suggestions in the morning.

He has the oil sensor with 3 wires, the oil sensor with 4 wires talks to the computer. Also, Autozone's books say that crank sensor is not required for this model.
Also, more info, it wasn't mentioned that he does get a voltage on the coil after shut down and doesn't get a voltage after shut down on the fuel relay and the injectors in the throttle body.
He is changing out the knock sensor, and says Autozone will check his ECM module, so I'll check back here with the results later.
Really appreciate everyone's input!
Paul