91 Lumina rear breaks

Howdy all,

If not posted in correct newsgroup please advise.

Replacing pads and disc on 91 Lumina with rear disc brakes. Can anyone help with proper adjustment of the parking brake? As most of you probably know there is a screw adjustment internally on the cylinder. I've had operating arm off and turned the piston from the opposite side.

What I've done now is adjusted the screw to the point where the disc is touching the pad lightly. When the parking brake arm is tightened it puts pressure on the disc which makes it seem about right.

Another question I have: does this adjust automatically as the brake pads wear?

Thanks

Reply to
labatyd

IIRC, they self-adjust as you apply the parking brake. s

Reply to
sdlomi2