91 Roadmaster A/C - weird

Drove the car Tuesday, very warm & humid day. Automatic Temperature Control A/C worked perfectly, actually got almost too cold in the car. Drove the car again today, lots of rain today. I was on the way too work and the windows fogged - turned on the defroster and it wasn't clearing the windshield very well. I didn't think much about it. Had to go out later and discovered the compressor wasn't running. I messed around with it during my lunch hour. I thought first I would check the clutch - hot wired it and it engaged. Started the car and it wouldn't engage. I thought maybe there was a fuse blown - they are not marked as to what is for what, just numbered. Evidently I did something because the compressor suddenly started running. I looked at the control display and it was blank except on the left hand side, it was counting down from 30 to zero. Got to zero, went back to 30, on the right hand side of the display the blower speed display was now showing. Counted down to zero again and since then everything works perfectly.

I was looking in my GM manual for the car and could find nothing about this occurence. Does anyone know what was going on? Did I reset the system by pulling the fuse out and putting it back in? I put the display into diagnostic mode a few minutes ago and no error codes were stored. Just wondering if I need to be concerned about losing my A/C. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Reply to
Rob

Low refrigerant causing the auto controller to shut off the A/C? Pulling the fuse may have reset it.

Reply to
hyundaitech