91 S10 Blazer

I'm trying to figure out this truck it's a 4.3 S10 with 115000 miles. The truck starts fine but if you drive it 10 miles or so it will die and not restart until it has totally cooled down. It doesn't set the check engine light and there are no codes stored. I was thinking maybe it just needs a good tune up,plugs,wires, rotor,cap and filters but the owner says that it was just done about 10000 miles before this happened. Thanks for any help.

Reply to
den630

Shep

Have you been able to check if you have the proper spark/fuel/air mixture getting to the engine? You said 10 mile of travel before failure. Would 20 minutes of idling do the same thing? To me this sounds heat-related; as if the engine is just getting to normal operating temperature before something malfunctions.

Can you provide more info? When you attempt to restart the truck, what does the engine do? Any fuel pump whine at key-on? When it dies, what does it do? Be specific about the behavior.

Lots of things could be the cause here, i.e. ECM, ignition module, fuel pump, crank sensor, and much, much more.....

Not Dead Yet

Reply to
NotDeadYet