92 Bonneville antilock brake problem

The other day I went over a big puddle and there was a big bang, of course. Immediately after it, the antilock-brake light turned on. It never turn off
again except for a few minutes the next day. I removed the tire and checked wiring and suspension and every thing seems to be fine. The car brakes as before except the anti-lock part won't work. Any idea what could it be?
Tony
Needs to be scanned with an abs function scanner to look for codes and wheel sensor inputs.

-
On 4/7/06 6:54 PM, in article b4CZf.148$ snipped-for-privacy@fe08.lga, "Alpha One"

A sensor scans a part of the wheel bearing for wheel speed. When wheel bearings start to go bad, the two don't align perfectly anymore and that will turn the ABS light on (and ABS ceases to function). Go to a GM dealership and they'll tell you what the deal is specifically.