92 Bonneville help - throws code 41, runs rich

Hello! I'm hoping someone can help me with some problems I am having on my 1992 Bonneville SE. It has the 3800 V6 motor in it. 150K miles.
Last weekend the service engine soon light came on, and it started
hesitating when starting out. If you punch the gas quickly it would almost die, and it did die once. I can smell it's running rich sometimes, too. I got around to checking the codes today, and it gave a code 41. I replaced the cam sensor, and reset the computer by unhooking the battery.
Started it back up, and the SES light came on within 5 seconds. Checked the codes again and it's a 41.
Any other ideas? I tried looking for the magnet in the hole where the cam sensor goes but couldn't get it to show up in the window and finally gave up after a while.
My next step it to take it to a shop, I'm out of ideas.
Thanks for any help.
-Ryan
Well if all the connections are good, check the continuity with an DVOM to the ecu, you probably lost the magnet. This causes the engine to revert to mpfi, instead of spfi. It will run, maybe hard to start at times. Ignition sytem is affected also, as well as the timing. Check all you connections at the ign module also.

DJ
Can the magnet be bad if its still in place in the timing gear? I have similar issues with code 41.
Currently running with the cam sensor unplugged.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~283,488 miles_~_~_
Harryface: Stuff some grease into the connector terminals so they don't get corroded.
the hyundiatech advises a gm owner to stuff some grease in the terminals so they don't corrode.
I already done that.