'92 Buick Riviera Oil Pressure Sending Unit Location?

Threaded View

We have a '92 Buick Riviera 3.8L with a horribly erratic, digital, oil
pressure gauge.  I'm having trouble locating the Oil Pressure Sending
Unit, so I can check for loose connections and/or replacement.  Where is
the Oil Pressure Sending Unit located on this vehicle?

Steven

Re: '92 Buick Riviera Oil Pressure Sending Unit Location?

`On the oil pump housing near the filter.

http://www.pronews.com offers corporate packages that have access to 100,000+
newsgroups

Re: '92 Buick Riviera Oil Pressure Sending Unit Location?

Steven,

  And figure on replacing the sender. Those senders have a bad issue
with wearing a bad spot in them at the resistance value of normal oil
pressure, which will make the gauge reading erratic. Eventually it
will go full scale on you when oil pressure is at normal value. Did
this on my  '87 Olds and numerous other GM cars with 3.8L V-6s and oil
pressure gauges, and now my '94 Regal's oil pressure gauge is acting
weird. Ahhhh such fun . . .

Regards,
  Bill Bowen
  Sacramento, CA