92 buick skylark 2.3 quad 4

i have a1992 buick skylark with a 2.3 quad 4 engine .theunit blows antifreeze out of th coolant tank. i have installed a new cap and t stat the coolant is not hot they tell me i have an air pocket can any one tell me how to get rid of it .there are no bleeders

Reply to
RMCG

Sounds more like a blown head gasket.

Reply to
Mike

Cracked head. Blown head gasket.

"HEADS ?All of the Quad 4 heads tend to crack in the chambers. The early SOHC head cracks on the outside, too, so check all of them over carefully and expect to do a lot of welding."

Reply to
« Paul »

Cracked head. There is a section at the bottom of this link on heads:

« Paul »