92 Caprice. How to Remove Vacuum Resevoir?

I have a Violet hose laying on the floor of the passenger side of my 92 Caprice and according to the FSM it connects to the vacuum reservoir so all I have to do is re-connect it.
Sounds easy doesn't it?
The thing is located on top of the blower box and it seems that GM has built the entire front end of the car around this POS.
The FSM goes on for 4 pages on how to literally remove the entire dashboard to get this pig out.
It appears that if I cut the back of the glove box out, I MIGHT be able to get to it, but I'm not certain.
So GM mechanics, what's the trick?
Cut a square hole in the top of the dashboard and replace it later <only kidding>!
Any help will be GREATLY appreciated because it is 90 degrees here in NY, the humidity is 100 percent and my vents are not opening properly.
TIA
Steve Olsen
I just had a brainstorm!! The box has 2 hoses conected to it according to the FSM. The violet hose, laying on the floor and the black hose which is the supply from the bas of the throttle body.
I can easily get to the black hose down lower where it comes through the firewall.
So, why not just cut the black hose, buy a new box, connect the black and violet hose to the new box and mount the box in a nother location, IOW leave the old box where it is.
Good idea?
Bad idea?
Aside from GM any place I can get one of these things?
tia
Steve
On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 16:53:32 -0400, Steve Olsen wrote:

You are on the right track, adding a second resivoir [ ball ] to my AC solved a problem of blend doors working sluggish. One end of hose violet or black, goes to Heater control other end goes to vacuum source on engine. Junkyards have plastic parts. Get new tubing
Remove the glove box to get access