92 cavalier sat too long! fuel problems

What would be the weak link, the injector manifold pressure regulator, or the fuel injectors? The car would crank with spark, but not start. I removed the injectors to check the filters, which were gummed up. I put the injectors back in, and it ran for a few seconds, now nothing. I am wondering if the injectors stick easily or should I replace the regulator, or both?

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to
D. Silski

Because the car sat for 9 months, I suspected the injectors were gummed.

I checked the fuel pump pressure at the quick disconnect with a rigged hose assembly, 62 psi. I then bought a "noid" light to check the fuel injector signal. No signal! Then I reseated the connector on the ECM module and it fired right up. Now to try for another 100,000 miles!

Reply to
D. Silski