92 Chev CK1500 Silverado - problem with stereo

Hi all,
The stereo in my 92 Chev Silverado is acting up. The problem is that the audio to my speakers is cutting out and replaced with a loud repeating popping sound in the speakers. The volume of the popping is
unrelated to the volume setting. The fuses are all fine.
When I listen closely to the dash, it sounds like there is a relay clicking on an off in sync with the popping.
When it is cool out, like first thing in the morning, the problem goes away. After a day in the hot sun, the problem is back.
Any ideas???
Thanks very much
Mark
might need a new stereo.I am fixing to replace mine
--
Todd A. Delk