92 Regal Brakes

I'm just stated driving a 1992 Buick Regal Custom and it seems to me the brakes are a little soft, I seem to have to push hard on them to stop is this a normal problem with the regal? I have read a few posts by people with the same problem.

Reply to
j.carr

Pushing hard on brakes is relative. Perhaps you have weak legs? Try to get another (or more) opinions on your brakes.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

LOL yeah I never thought of that, maybe I should be going to the doctor and not a mechanic. The car has 4 wheel dics brakes, is it true that the front brakes are used much mort then the back and that could be the problem?

Reply to
j.carr

I didn't brake hard enough and the pads got glazed. Gerry

Reply to
Gerry

"j.carr" wrote

All vehicles use the front brakes more then the rear...just a matter of physics. You have a W-body car, and in that year, the brakes were pretty poor right from the factory. The problem can be compounded by the rear disc brake calipers, which had the habit of seizing up the caliper pins, which caused all sorts of problems...including lousy brake pedal feel.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai