92 Regal Keyless entry

The keyless remote on my 92 Regal works intermittantly, at best. I have replaced the batteries on the remote, and it still only works intermittantly. Does anybody have any suggestions? Could anyone tell me
where to locate the "receiver" for the remote?
Thanks Kindly, Jeff
Reciever should be under the rear package shelf.

-