93 Buick Regal Air Conditioner Failure

Hi,
I have a 6 cylinder, 4 door, buick, and the air conditioner has just failed, I would appreciate any suggestions, or assistance, regarding how to deal with the situation.
Thanks in Advance, John.
John wrote:

"Just Failed" is not a good description. Please state whether the A/C button light is on when that button is pushed. Is the compressor clutch engaging (judged by the load on the engine)? Is the A/C output air simply never getting cold? Is the heater function working?
---Bob Gross---
Most AC problems are low freon or electrical. Pull the low pressure cutout switch plug [ located on accumulator or line to evaporator ] Short the two terminals, and try AC If clutch turns, low freon is culprit. If clutch doesn't turn with switch jumpered, suspect fuse.
If system runs, but doesn't chill air, problem could be " blend door " Make sure vacuum line is connected.
I agree with other poster, who asks " Did this suddenly / or gradually happen ?"