93 caprice classic temp guage not working

Yesterday after a short drive and being parked for about an hour this car wouldn.t start. There was spark at the plugs and gas shooting into the throttle body from both injectors. We towed it home and later
realised that the gas spray was much too strong.The engine was flooding. We disconnected both injector electrical plugs and cranked the engine with the pedal to the floor. The car started and actually ran for almost 30 seconds before it started to starve for gas. Alot of white smoke was present but it wasn't oil. We connected both injector plugs before it stalled and as we did this I heard a sort of"click" come from around the area of the injectors it seemed. With this click, the volume of the spray cut down considerably and the engine started to run fine. The white smoke eventually began clearing. Todat the car started up fine. Does anyone have a theory as to what might have happened and how to troubleshoot it. I don't want to just arbitrarily start repacing things but it sucks to be stuck too. Thanks for any advice. Lenny.
Add pictures here
āœ–
Sorry I somehow posted the wrong description. It should have read: "93 Caprice classic 9C1 former police cruiser starting problems". Lenny.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Add pictures here
āœ–