93 cavalier short somewhere?? Alternator??

Just yesterday my carís kilometre gage said i was going 40 km when i was stopped with my foot on the brake and my rpm gage was going crazy. Thereís also a really loud piercing sound coming from under the hood
somewhere. What do you think this could be caused by.
‚úĖ

The loud piercing sound that came from my engine compartment was caused by the bearings in the Alternator seizing.
Dave S(Texas)
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

If that one uses the CS alternator, I have certainly been there and done that. I owned one Buick that used many many of these alternators. Doesnt matter, either, if you buy a new Buick unit, or a shitteaux unit. Time is NOT on your side.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ