93 cavalier short somewhere?? Alternator??

Just yesterday my car?s kilometre gage said i was going 40 km when i was stopped with my foot on the brake and my rpm gage was going crazy. There?s also a really loud piercing sound coming from under the hood somewhere. What do you think this could be caused by.

Reply to
Lildebbie

The loud piercing sound that came from my engine compartment was caused by the bearings in the Alternator seizing.

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt

If that one uses the CS alternator, I have certainly been there and done that. I owned one Buick that used many many of these alternators. Doesnt matter, either, if you buy a new Buick unit, or a shitteaux unit. Time is NOT on your side.

Reply to
hls