93 geo metro - short circut the "check connector" ???

Hello, If the check connector is a black plastic female end under the dash near the stearing wheel then I think I might have found it.
How do I "Short Circut" it?
There are approx. 5 metal connection points also, and I don't know which two (2) holes I need to plug with a paper-clip as a jumper? and I am afraid to fry the electronics.
Will there be a definite noticable difference after it is short circuted? idle speed or something like that.
HOW will I be able to tell for sure If I have short circuted the correct 2 points? and if so, will the mark on the crank pully jump around between 0 and 10 or will it sit still?
Thank you very much cause I have been looking all over for this info and my Chilton book doesn't say squat. Thanks!
Any help would be appreciated.
<snip> 1993 Geo Metro - Ignition Timing - Short Circut - Check Connector
I think this is a diagram of it, including the ground and diagnosis switch, which I think need jumpered to be "short circuted" in order to check the ignition timing. Correct me if I am wrong, I would hate to fry the electrical system.
When short circuted correctly, will the motors idle change? In other words, how will I be able to know if I have it right in order to set the ignition timing?
http://autorepair.about.com/library/ts/obd-i/bl-dtcs-49a.htm
http://autorepair.about.com/library/ts/obd-i/bl-dtcs-main.htm#1993

If it works like the regular GMs of that era, that still had a distributor, you will know you did it right because you are able to adjust the timing. Without grounding the circuit the computer will adjust timing against your adjustments. GW