93 geo metro - short circut the "check connector" ???

Hello, If the check connector is a black plastic female end under the dash near the stearing wheel then I think I might have found it.

How do I "Short Circut" it?

There are approx. 5 metal connection points also, and I don't know which two (2) holes I need to plug with a paper-clip as a jumper? and I am afraid to fry the electronics.

Will there be a definite noticable difference after it is short circuted? idle speed or something like that.

HOW will I be able to tell for sure If I have short circuted the correct 2 points? and if so, will the mark on the crank pully jump around between 0 and 10 or will it sit still?

Thank you very much cause I have been looking all over for this info and my Chilton book doesn't say squat. Thanks!

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Virgo_guy
1993 Geo Metro - Ignition Timing - Short Circut - Check Connector

I think this is a diagram of it, including the ground and diagnosis switch, which I think need jumpered to be "short circuted" in order to check the ignition timing. Correct me if I am wrong, I would hate to fry the electrical system.

When short circuted correctly, will the motors idle change? In other words, how will I be able to know if I have it right in order to set the ignition timing?

Virgo_guy

Reply to
Geoff Welsh