'93 Jimmy interior light problem

1993 Jimmy, the interior courtesy light will activate when I open any door except the driver's door. I suspected the driver's door pin switch, however the switch is working as it does correctly activate the warning
buzzer when the keys are in the ignition and the door is opened. So, there must be a relay somewhere that also connects the pin switch to the courtesy light system, and I suspect a fault with the wiring or relay. Does anyone know where to locate this?
Recheck this. The switch may have to contacts, one for the light and the other for the buzzer.
IF the other one works, Then switch them. If it still does not work, then only thing lost is about 10-15 mins of your time.

"Conan Ford" wrote: Re: '93 Jimmy interior light problem
..... interior courtesy light will activate when I open any door except the driver's door. The driver's door pin switch is working as it does correctly activate the warning buzzer when the keys are in the ignition and the door is opened. So there must be a relay somewhere that also connects the pin switch to the courtesy light system, and I suspect a fault with the wiring or relay. Does anyone know where to locate this? __________________________________________________
Recheck the switch. It may have two contacts, one for the light and the other for the buzzer. IF the other one works, Then switch them. If it still does not work, the only thing lost is about 10-15 mins of your time.
Switch contacts may be corroded, allowing enough current flow to activate the buzzer but not enough to operate the interior lights.
Good luck.
Rodan.

There are two contacts on the switch. One for the lights and one for the buzzer. They are held to the plunger with small tabs that like to break off over time. Buy a new switch and fish out the wires. Reconnect the wires to the new switch, DO NOT connect the wires together.
-

Ah, thank you, that makes sense. Can I just undo the nut and pull everything out in the door jam, or do I need to remove the kick panel and get at it from the back?
a 93 has the nut style still? well, anyhow, yeah, you can pull it out without pulling the kickpanel (though that's an easy pull too). just be careful as the wires are often short (and yes, the drivers side in 99% of GM's are of the two wire variety - one goes to the ignition key warning, the other goes to the domelight).